Monday, April 16, 2007

A very funny memory


Hey i was just remembering once when Alex was about 6
he said to me one day ,
"remember when you were little and the Americans hadn't invented colour yet"
I said oh colour Television ?"
"No" he said "just colour you know was the sky black or white ?"

another time my third son Joel asked what god looked like
after a little spiel from me in the vein of
"well no one knows what he really looks like ,hes everywhere in everything"
"No" he insisted "when you saw him what did he look like"
"well i havent actually seen him" I said
He looked at me disgusted , sighed and said "You know when god helped dad and you to make me what did he look like then"
that's when the penny dropped,you see when he asked how you got babies
i had said well god helps the mummy and the daddy to love each other special and a baby grows".He was very young !
Then i realized he had a picture in his head of god standing in our bedroom helping.

6 comments:

Cape Cod Washashore said...

I love those little funny things that children say! I got a good chuckle from the one about seeing things in black and white.

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Very cute stories; they made me smile!
:)

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

ok i am almost wetting myself laughing!!!
how gorgeous!!!
i have lotsa Sam-isms too, i should write em down.
hugs xo

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Big learning curve testing my tiny comment pic here
[IMG]http://i17.tinypic.com/352lxzm[/IMG]

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

How cute is that! What sweet memories!

Heather

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

LOL! You are so funny! What a precious memory Jullie! Too cute!
Barbara
Southern Lady's Vintage