Monday, February 8, 2010

White wednesday- Dresses sewn with dreams


Ahh there is something so lovely about vintage wedding dresses,I guess its all the dreams

that were sewn into them and the hopes caught up in the tiny buttons and the lace edging.

Perhaps its the fairytale effect and the wondering weather the wearer got her happy ending.

Did the prince turn into a frog or did they live happily ever after,


You were born together, and together you shall be for evermore....but let there be spaces in your togetherness. And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
-
Kahlil Gibran\



Grace and remembrance be to you both.
- William Shakespeare


Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
-
Emily Bronte


When you meet someone who can cook and do housework--don't hesitate a minute--marry him.
- Unknown


4 comments:

Keke said...

Oh, so lovely, and perfect timing, AH asked me to marry him "AGAIN"...I told him I would have to get back to him! LOL

Maybe I will, only if I get one of these dresses and the quote...

You were born together, and together you shall be for evermore....but let there be spaces in your togetherness. And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.

Oh so lovely, I will be thinking of you and this all day...

XO Keke

Keke said...

Sweet Jules, Please tell me you rec. your pkg. today...oh please.

XO Keke

JillzWhimzy said...

Hello dear Jules - just popping in to say I'm thinking of you & hoping all is well. Love your latest post
hugs, Jill

Rhondamum said...

What a beautiful post! I love these dresses and wish I could play in one! How are you? I hope you are doing well and to chat soon! I think of you often! xoxo Rhonda...