Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Christmas Cottage


I was so excited to decorate this year for Christmas my new friend Cheryl whom i love is also a Christmas nut so between us we were building up for a special christmas.I had not one but two mantles to decorate and nothing says Christmas better than an old house,


One of my favourite vignettes  my bedroom with newly revamped hall chair at foot of the bed,
Love my tiny feather tree which houses my collection of vintage chenille ornaments
I later added the kewpie banner i made  which spells out believe in kewpies
My mantle forest

The moon sheds its light on the little forest village

Trees sprout everywhere at our house they turn up in teapots

in silver creaners

Even on the top of toy drums
Yes Virginia there is magic in the very name of Christmas

Snowmen look on at the tree that sprouts form the vintage hatbox

The kitchen tree is a gingerbread themed one the old microscope box  decoupaged years ago,

Another favourite vignette

Love this cloche from my friend Irene covering a real birds nest'
The gang with mum

Alex and Teegan

No comments: